TOP TEMA: Debian fan club

Diskusije usko vezane uz Debian distribuciju.

Moderator/ica: Moderatori/ce

Avatar
shicy
Postovi: 8905
Pridružen/a: 28 lip 2009, 22:49
Spol: M
OS: Slackware

Re: Debian fan club

Post Postao/la shicy »

Avatar
sumski
Moderator
Postovi: 1779
Pridružen/a: 10 ruj 2010, 11:20
Spol: M
OS: openSUSE Factory KDE

Re: Debian fan club

Post Postao/la sumski »

Listen, I gotta fight the lion. That's what that guy Scott's all about. I know. I've studied him already.
Avatar
sumski
Moderator
Postovi: 1779
Pridružen/a: 10 ruj 2010, 11:20
Spol: M
OS: openSUSE Factory KDE

Re: Debian fan club

Post Postao/la sumski »

Shicy je napisao/la:http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110617
zanimljivo ;)
http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-meetin ... 1.log.html
Listen, I gotta fight the lion. That's what that guy Scott's all about. I know. I've studied him already.
Avatar
glaskoncILLa
Postovi: 5678
Pridružen/a: 28 vel 2009, 16:36

Re: Debian fan club

Post Postao/la glaskoncILLa »

Time based freezes
————————

For past releases, we mainly looked at the number of RC bugs and
opinions of core teams to pick a freeze date. While this worked out
quite well, it was not easy for maintainers to make plans during each
cycle.
After some discussion at the sprint, we have looked again at the concept
of having a time based freeze. I’d like to thank the DPL for progressing
a consensus on debian-devel on a way forward for this proposal.
The release team would like to support the idea of a time based freeze.

Its main advantage seems to be the clarity that people will get knowing
when we will freeze. For this reason, we need to pick a date. This is
one that not everyone will be happy with, and caused quite a bit of
discussion. However, we had to make a decision, and have picked on June
2012 as the current proposed freeze date for the next release.

Good plans are never perfect though. “Time-based freezes” have
downsides. There is the possibility that we may not be in a good
position to freeze when the date approaches. Please keep in mind that
releasing is shared task, not purely the responsibility of the release
team.

If this doesn’t work for whatever reason, we’ll look at this again, but
for the moment we’d like to try this for the next release. To avoid
surprises, we’ll send reminders about the coming freeze in (almost)
every bits mail. We’ll also start making use of BTS tags before the
freeze date, and encouraging people to squash RC bugs before we freeze.

Note the above: we hope to FREEZE IN JUNE 2012.
...."Have you mooed today?"...
..It’s that time of the decade: I’m reinstalling Debian..
Avatar
madone
Postovi: 1594
Pridružen/a: 09 srp 2008, 09:49
Spol: M
OS: Debian
Lokacija: Zagreb

Re: Debian fan club

Post Postao/la madone »

Debian Mozilla team ima novi repo za instalaciju uvijek najnovijeg Iceweasela

Kod: Označi sve

deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ squeeze-backports iceweasel-release
Avatar
sumski
Moderator
Postovi: 1779
Pridružen/a: 10 ruj 2010, 11:20
Spol: M
OS: openSUSE Factory KDE

Re: Debian fan club

Post Postao/la sumski »

madone je napisao/la:Debian Mozilla team ima novi repo za instalaciju uvijek najnovijeg Iceweasela

Kod: Označi sve

deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ squeeze-backports iceweasel-release
As a somehow related note, it should be noted that Iceweasel 5.0 should (finally) enter Debian unstable on the 15th of July, at which point the latest 6.0 beta will also be uploaded to Debian experimental. It is still unclear how long it will take for Iceweasel 5.0 to reach Debian testing/wheezy, because of all the reverse dependencies, but when that happens, we’ll also be able to push it to backports.debian.org.
Listen, I gotta fight the lion. That's what that guy Scott's all about. I know. I've studied him already.
Avatar
glaskoncILLa
Postovi: 5678
Pridružen/a: 28 vel 2009, 16:36

Re: Debian fan club

Post Postao/la glaskoncILLa »

http://raphaelhertzog.com/

vjerojato ste vec naletili na ovog lika, ali, ako netko nije, pise up to date low level manuale, nesto sto se ne vidi bas cesto.
usput si je izgleda uspio i osigurati zivot od open sourcea.
...."Have you mooed today?"...
..It’s that time of the decade: I’m reinstalling Debian..
Avatar
sumski
Moderator
Postovi: 1779
Pridružen/a: 10 ruj 2010, 11:20
Spol: M
OS: openSUSE Factory KDE

Re: Debian fan club

Post Postao/la sumski »

Pratim ga preko http://planet.debian.org/. Da, ima dosta dobrih stvari gore
Listen, I gotta fight the lion. That's what that guy Scott's all about. I know. I've studied him already.
Avatar
shicy
Postovi: 8905
Pridružen/a: 28 lip 2009, 22:49
Spol: M
OS: Slackware

Re: Debian fan club

Post Postao/la shicy »

http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110712

ide tko? :)
hoćemo li imati reportažu? :)
Avatar
glaskoncILLa
Postovi: 5678
Pridružen/a: 28 vel 2009, 16:36

Re: Debian fan club

Post Postao/la glaskoncILLa »

mislio sam zicati firmu da mi plati, ali promijenismo vlasnika i sad smo ni na nebu ni na zemlji.. :)
...."Have you mooed today?"...
..It’s that time of the decade: I’m reinstalling Debian..
Odgovori